Position Available: Experienced Design Architect
Saplys Architects Inc. team offers fully integrated project delivery and management services from concept to occupancy. We guide our clients through the Program, Design, and Construction process. We always ensure the highest quality result for their construction dollar is achieved throughout the process.
Saplys Architects Inc. is seeking a full time Experienced Design Architect for a position in our Oakville office. The successful candidate will work closely with the Design/Site Plan Team to develop and manage Design drawings in accordance to the Brand, Client, and Firm’s standards. The ideal candidate will be able to work with Architecture/ Planning Professionals on Local, Regional, and National projects of varying scale and complexity. Projects will range from Conceptual Design to Design Development. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other disciplines on large multi-disciplinary projects.
- Architectural design, detailing, and documentation of projects.
- Develop and coordinate Site Plan, Floor Plans, and Elevations for key stakeholders (i.e. client, Authorities, and Brand) approval.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
- Licensed Architect (OAA) or eligible to become registered.
- 7+ Years of experience in Design Development and Project Management.
- Excellent knowledge of Part 3 and 9 of the NBC and OBC.
- Strong technical skills related to architectural design and detailing.
- Strong site design experience using urban design and planning principles.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a team setting and able to deliver with little supervision under tight timelines.
- Extensive experience working collaboratively with disciplines (i.e. civil, landscape, etc.) throughout various stages of the project.
- Highly Proficient in AutoCAD & Microsoft Office Applications.
- Revit considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in hospitality, retirement homes, and residential projects is considered an asset.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.